If you use MacKeep then be warned – there was a major security breach recently
Just made a video about an experience I had with an outsourced help desk. I am sure most people will be able to relate to this. There is also a valuable less here for outsourcing and automation.
OK we are not talking about the rodent types or even a hybrid of the computer mouse. RAT stand for Remote Access Trojans and is a technique by which cyber criminals can gain remote access of to your computer using malicious code that is hidden in another seemingly harmless and often useful program. These might be provided as shareware or freeware and offer to perform some useful function. Most shareware and freeware is safe. If you plan to use shareware or freeware make sure you download for a well established shareware site with an active community that review and monitor their available downloads.
The 12 were arrested as part of operation Falling sTAR with Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3) coordinating with law enforcement in 9 countries to identify and apprehend cyber criminals using RATs to commit various types of cybercrime.
When most people think of a website being hacked, they think of it being defaced by some fanatical political or religious group, or they think of the big sites being hacked or compromised and sensitive information stolen.
THERE IS A MORE DANGEROUS THREAT TO YOUR WEBSITE…
In 2015 Kaspersky reported almost one third (29%) of business computers were subjected to one or more web-based attacks. While some of the website used for web-based attacks may have been created by cyber criminals, the vast majority are normal websites owned by small to medium sized businesses that have been infected with malware.
DO YOU HAVE A GOOGLE PLUS PROFILE?
In 2015 Google changed Google Plus and gave it a new look. This included changes to the appearance. In this video I explain how to create a custom photo for your new Google+ profile.
Watch this video:
How to create custom photo art without a template for the new 2015 Google+ profile page
Just created the first in a serious of videos on creating custom artwork for social media channels. The first is for youtube.
We have just created our If it just breaks – We will fix it free Guarantee.
This is totally unique and show the confidence we have in the services we provide.
A report by security company Whitehat Security has indicated that:
- – Historically, 82% of assessed websites have had at least one issue of HIGH, CRITICAL, or URGENT severity
- 63% of assessed websites currently have issues of HIGH, CRITICAL, or URGENT severity
- Historically, websites average 17 vulnerabilities identified during the lifetime of the assessment cycle
- Websites currently average 6 open vulnerabilities
A report by The Web Application Security Consortium (WASC) showed that for about 12186 sites tested, 97554 vulnerabilities were detected. The analysis showed that:
- more than 13% of all reviewed sites could be compromised completely automatically
- about 49% of web applications contain vulnerabilities of high risk level (Urgent and Critical)
- the most wide spread vulnerabilities are Cross-site Scripting, different types of Information Leakage, SQL Injection, HTTP Response Splitting
- administration issues were 20% more frequent cause of a vulnerability than system development errors
- the probability to compromise a host automatically rose from 7 to 13 %